25 May 2011

working as a large group

Working in a large group containing half of the class was no easy task. Certain people within the group assigned themselves to take control and this was not always the best thing as no unanimous decision was made to have a 'leader' type person making all the decisions as far as I was aware. As a result of this everyone’s opinions and ideas could not be listened to and were sometimes disregarded as with my colour scheme idea.

I sometimes got the impression that when taking control of everyone and what they were supposed to be doing on the set the person delegating wasn't actually contributing to the workload as much as perhaps they could if we all just got on with it. I think more group meetings in the initial designing stages were needed. I missed two meetings because i simply did not know about it; a lack of communication within the group at the start didn't help. Time was a major factor in this project and I knew it was not going to be an easy task in the short time frame given. I believe that if we had had more time we could have addressed EVERYBODYS ideas and let everyone be heard, which when so many creative minds are able to contribute to this type of project- should happen.

I felt that i didn't learn a great deal from Henry Jones that i couldn't of learnt from a manual entitled 'set design for dummies'.

The negative atmosphere which seemed to linger whenever Henry was in the room really didn't help the creative process or the deadline we were working too.

I found him rude and a little offensive at times and any criticisms to be anything but constructive. I know crossed words had been said between him and other students.

I found it a real shame because of everything we had to do in this project i was really looking forward to working with someone in the business and learning a lot of techniques and tricks of the trade. I was so disappointed when I realised that Henry was not going to be a positive influence on the group as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment