07 May 2011

Props for the Sitting Room

This is a doily for the dining room table i found in an antique shop. I think it would look quite nice in the middle of the table with a tea set/ fruit bowl on it.I saw this in the antique shop also, I thought since the daughter of the family plays an instrument perhaps a nod to this by leaving sheet music lying around in the room.This was an impulse buy. I liked the look of it and thought with a cork it could be functional. I found it amongst some Victorian poison bottles. I thought this one looked a little more modern than Victorian so i bought it. It could be used as some sort of medicinal liquid inside and put up high out of the way.
This last piece I bought for a fruit bowl. It may look good somewhere in the room and the leaf motif I think nods towards the art nouveau movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment